Creating WhatsApp groups is a wonderful way of staying connected to the people on your Contacts list but the notifications can get seriously annoying at times.
Being a member of many active groups can be a great distraction if your mobile keeps on going BEEP BEEP when you are in the middle of an important meeting/ serious discussion, studying or working besides, of course, taking a heavy toll on the battery.
You will be glad to know that you can manage the WhatsApp group Notifications to your advantage and choose to turn off or mute some or all of your WhatsApp group very easily.
How to Mute WhatsApp Group Notifications?
If you want to put one or a few of your WhatsApp groups on MUTE while getting notifications from the other groups from time to time, here is what you need to do:
1. Open your WhatsApp.
2. Press the MENU button. You will see all the individual contacts and groups who have sent you messages, pictures or videos on this screen.
3. Go to the Group you want to Mute.
4. Press the Menu button again. You will see these options:
5. You can choose to mute the chosen group in this manner for 8 hours, 1 day or 1 week.
At the end of the selected period, you will start getting the notifications from this group as before.
You can choose to unmute a group before the completion of the period if you want to.
The problem with this method is that you will start getting Notifications about the group activity after the chosen period gets over. The plus point however is that you can choose to mute some groups while continuing to get notifications from other groups.
If you want to silence or turn off all WhatsApp Group notifications permanently, follow the second method described below.
How to Mute WhatsApp Group Notifications Permanently?
If you want to turn off the WhatsApp group notifications on your device forever, you can do so too.
If you do not wish to receive notifications from ANY of your WhatsApp groups, you can choose to mute them all forever following these simple steps:
1. Open your WhatsApp.
2. Press the Menu button.
3. Go to Settings.
4. Settings» Notifications at the bottom of the list.
5. Check Conversation tones at the top of the list here:
Make sure these are ON if you want to keep on getting WhatsApp notifications other from individual contacts.
6. Scroll lower down the list till you see Group Notifications.
7. Select Notification tone.
8. Choose SILENT at the top of the list
All of your groups have now been muted forever. Or till you decide to undo this and mute individual groups manually as described above.
That is easy. Isn’t it?
I am sure all those of you get irritated by the continuous beep beep on your device because of your extra active WhatsApp groups but do not want to exit those groups altogether will find this post useful.
If you liked this post, do share it with your friends who use WhatsApp regularly.
Incoming search terms:
- how to turn off the mute button on wats spp (1)