- Must haves for your ecommerce website
- Favourite that have already emerged onto the market that make the best use of your iPhone 5s or 5C
- How to Hide WhatsApp Timestamp/ Last Seen Status on Android
- 1Password- A Wonderful App to Store All Your Passwords Safely
- The 5 Best Android Mobile Phones to Date in 2014
Well, why look for information here and there when you can simply Google it?
“Google it” has now become synonymous with looking for information over the internet!
Latest data released by StatCounter reveal that Google Chrome is the most popular internet browser in the world at [resent, with more than 46% of the web users relying on it.
Not many of these users, however, know that they need not stare at a blank page very time they check up Google.
You can customize the Google search page background and even add pictures of your own choice to it to make things more colorful and appealing to the eyes.
If your default home page is Google, you will get to see your chosen picture every time your Home Page opens up.
Read on to know how you can do it:
How to Customize Google Home Page Background for Google Chrome?
- Add this extension: Customize Google Background.
- As you install it, it will ask for permissions to have access to your data and other browsing activity.
- Once you allow that, you will be asked if you want to upload your background image from a url or from 500px absolutely free of cost.
If you want to be able to upload images from your own computer, you have to upgrade to the premium version for a one-time charge of £0.99
- You can select the images you want to appear on your screen, opt for “Randomised images” (so that you get to see a random, new picture every time you open your home page or reload it) or opt for “No background”.
- Not only that, you have the option to personalize your Google home page and make it look just the way you like it.
You can choose to hide the promotional activities, Google+, Footer, Language options and the Google Doodle free of cost.
You can even choose the size of the image appearing on your screen and the position of the chosen image on your screen without paying anything for the same.
If you wish to customize further and hide the Google Search button, “Lucky” Button, “New Tabs Tile” and “Options Link” or customize your Stealth mode, you will again have to pay £0.99 since these are now premium features.
- You might now want to tell your friends and followers across social networks about this new extension.
- If you get bored of your Google Home page image or want to change to something else, simply go to the “Change Background Image” at the lower left hand corner of the page. You will be redirected to the Settings page and you can choose to upload a new picture as your default Google home page image.
You can even set your own picture as your Google Home Page background, if you go for the Premium version.
Hope you found this tutorial useful and you will now be able to set your chosen picture as your Google Home Page default image.